What land is for sale for $300-500K in Kalispell?
Previous posts indicated there were Kalispell land options for those who wished to spend $100K or less, or wanted to spend between $100-300K. But what if you had the opportunity to spend between $300K to $500K on your dream land parcel? What would that buy you?
At the time of this post, in mid January 2021 there were 11 possibilities in this category.
Number and type of listings
Four of the listings are smaller than 20 acres in size.
- The smallest parcel is slightly bigger than 1.5 acres and already has 4-bedroom septic and a well in place. It also comes with a 40′ x 50′ shop with 16′ ceilings, radiant flooring, a bathroom and a 14’x18′ insulated door. All that’s missing is your home! This is listed at $498K.
- There is another option that is slightly less than 2 acres. This one has been approved for multi-family homes and has city utilities at the lot. It can be yours for $450K.
- Or perhaps you’d be interested in ~5.5 acres with views of the Swan Mountains and Flathead Valley. This parcel is located at Sunrise Estates, close to many Kalispell amenities. This could be yours for $350K!
- The final currently available listing under 20 acres clocks in at nearly 17 acres. City sewer is available at this location. Similar to the previous listing, this is also close to shopping and is listed at $495K.
What about bigger parcels?
- Right at 20 acres is a parcel on the west side of Kalispell with mountain views. It is being billed as a “wonderful horse property” that would cost you $349K.
- Or possibly 30 acres would work better. For $395K you could get a private parcel with a road cut in, power running through the parcel, easy access and plenty of game. There are also no covenants, HOA or zoning requirements.
- Maybe close to 40 acres would suit your needs? On the east side of Kalispell in Creston is a parcel surrounded by views in every direction for $410K.
- $500K could get you more than 39 acres of land in Harvest View with views of Big Mountain and Glacier National Park.
- There are also two ~40 acre options on Soler Run on the west side of town with views and road access. One is listed at $359K and one at $375K.
- Or how about a ~40 acre parcel southwest of town in the mountains with no covenants, HOA or zoning restrictions? That one can be yours for $325K.
As you can see, there are options that range in size from ~1.5 acres to 40 acres in the east, west, and southwest parts of town. Some have access to city utilities and some are located up a mountain gravel road in the woods. If you have $300-500K to spend on Kalispell land, you will have various options.
Price per Acre
And what about price? While each listing falls into the $300-500K price range, the price per acre differs for each specific parcel. And while the total cost of more acreage will usually cost more, the actual price per acre will normally be less for larger parcels.
What does this mean?
This chart specifically highlights this trend. On average, the parcels that are less than three acres in size are listed at an average of $282K per acre. That drops to an average of $64K per acre at the 5-10 acre size, and all the way to $11K per acre for the 20-40 acre sized properties.
Within each of those size options, prices are higher and lower than the average. But in general, anyone buying or selling land should be cognizant of the basic pricing trends seen in the market. More land can be more cost effective than less land.
To answer the question, “What land is for sale for $300-500K in Kalispell?” – if you have a budget for land that is between $300 to $500K, you have options in the Kalispell, Montana area. Those options include parcels that provide privacy, and those that are near neighbors. They are in the valley and in the mountains. If you need help finding the parcel of your dreams, contact me at 406-270-3667 or via email at email@example.com. I’m ready to help!
Also, to read more about buying land in the Kalispell area, click here.
And in the meantime, below are all the currently available $300K-$500K parcels. Enjoy!