What land is for sale for over $500K in Kalispell?
Previous posts indicated there were Kalispell land options for those who wished to spend $100K or less, between $100-300K and from $300K-500K. But what if you had the opportunity to spend between over $500K on your dream land parcel? What would that buy you?
At the time of this post, in late January 2021 there were twenty possibilities in this category.
Number and type of listings
Four of the listings are smaller than 20 acres in size and range in price from $700K to $1.9M.
- The smallest parcel is 1 acre and already has 4-bedroom septic in place. This lot has 149 feet of Lake Blaine frontage and has a driveway in place and a partially cleared building site. The lake is only open to residents. This is listed at $790K.
- The second parcel is approximately 5.5 acres. This is an agricultural property but has the potential for commercial opportunities and is right off the major north/south route through Kalispell. It can also be yours for $790K.
- Or perhaps you’d be interested in ~8.4 acres with highway 2W frontage. The multi-family possible property includes views of Glacier National Park, Whitefish Mountain and Lone Pine State Park. $1.9M can make this property yours.
- The final currently available listing under 20 acres clocks in at slightly over 12 acres. This residential property has the possibility for an 8-lot subdivision, with plans already drawn up. The list price is $700K.
What about bigger parcels? There are 9 available between 20 and 100 acres ranging in price from $521K to $2.89M.
- At 20.5 acres is a parcel on the west side of Kalispell with 360º views. It is a sale of four adjoined properties, alfalfa pastures, with well and septic on one of the parcels. It also has 385 feet of Highway 93 frontage and is listed at $2.65M.
- Or possibly ~25 acres would work better. For $1.15M you could get land that is being marketed as the next to-be-developed on the west side of Kalispell. The area has views of Glacier National Park, the mountains and valley.
- $521k can get you ~27 acres on the west side of town or $1.107M could get you ~32 acres of land with over 650 feet of river frontage and total waterfront of more than 2,000 feet. That one also has end-of-the-road privacy and is surrounded by open space.
- Maybe close to 40 acres would suit your needs? In the south portion of Kalispell sits property that borders the bypass and includes a portion of Ashley Creek. That is listed for $645K.
- At $888K is a ~46 acre parcel with Stillwater River frontage. The owner will consider owner financing as well.
- There are other options in this category as well! An ~80 acre parcel west of town with timberland, valley views, and mountain/valley views for $549K. Or perhaps an 83 acre parcel with mountain views and a 33-acre body of water for $1.175M. Or 91 acres with opportunity to develop 210 lots for $2.89M.
Finally, you might wonder whether there are any parcels available with more than 100 acres. And the answer would be yes! There are currently 7 in that category. Prices in this category range from $595K to $5.9M.
- On the west side of the valley, ~121 acres are for sale at a price of $2.04M. The property has views of Whitefish, Swan and Glacier mountains and peaks and also has meadow, old growth pines and fields.
- Another west of Kalispell property would cost $2.3M and give you 130 acres. This gated parcel includes a mountaintop with 360º views of Flathead Lake, Swan Mountain and Glacier Park. There are two wells and multiple roughed-in roads.
- Believe it or not, you could also buy a 100+ acre parcel west of town for less than $600K. For $595K you could own 160 acres. Access to this one might be more difficult than some of the other parcels but it has views that run from Glacier National Park to the Swan range and that include the entire valley. A public trail system runs through the property which is managed by trail crews. This would be a unique parcel to own.
- For $3.499M you could purchase 185 acres which includes over 1/2 mile of Flathead River footage as well as Ashley Creek frontage. This parcel not only has views of Glacier National Park and the Swans but includes a series of ponds and wildlife food plots. It is home to whitetail deer, pheasant, bear, quail, turkey, ducks, cranes and geese.
- Do you want even more property? Then what about ~359 acres that is listed for $5.9M? This land includes views of the Swan Mountains and diverse wetland birdlife. The listing indicates this property could be developed to provide up to 700 homes.
- And then comes the largest parcel that is currently for sale. This one includes four mountaintops and views of Glacier National Park, Flathead Valley, Smith Lake, and Blacktail Mountain. Most of the land is accessible via logging roads and the property has no covenants or zoning. This 576 acre parcel can be yours for $2.304M.
As you can see, there are multiple options that range in size from 1 acre to 576 acres all over the Kalispell area. If you have more than $500K that you can allocate to your real estate project, you have many choices available to you!
Price per Acre
And what about price? Trends in the over $500K parcels are similar to previous reports regarding parcels under $500K. While the total cost of more acreage will usually cost more, the actual price per acre will normally be less for larger parcels.
What does this mean?
This chart specifically highlights this trend for the $500K+ listings. On average, the parcels that are less than ten acres in size are listed at an average of $387K per acre. That drops to an average of $51K per acre at the 10-40 acre size, and goes down to $12K per acre for the over 100 acre sized properties.
Within each of those size options, prices are higher and lower than the average. But in general, anyone buying or selling land should be cognizant of the basic pricing trends seen in the market. More land can be more cost effective than less land.
To answer the question, “What land is for sale for over $500K in Kalispell?” – if you have a budget for land that is between $500K-$6M, you have many options in the Kalispell, Montana area. If you need help finding the parcel of your dreams, contact me at 406-270-3667 or via email at email@example.com. I’m ready to help!
Also, to read more about buying land in the Kalispell area, click here. And to read more about land for sale, click here.
And in the meantime, below are all the currently available $500K+ parcels. Enjoy!