Land in NW Kalispell MT
The real estate possibilities in the four quadrants of Kalispell are as different as they are alike. The first section to be addressed, the northwest part of Kalispell, stretches west from the intersection of Highway 2 and Route 93 North. It extends north to the Whitefish area right above Lost Creek Drive, and to the west until the middle of Ashley Lake, where Kila starts.
So what’s the northwest part of Kalispell all about? Read below for more.
This area contains the western part of the Kalispell’s retail area. Specifically, you will find major retail stores such as Cabelas, Michaels, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Costco, Harbor Freight Tools, Petsmart and REI.
In terms of food, Chick-fil-A, McKenzie River Pizza Grill and Pub, Famous Dave’s Bar-Be-Q, Applebees, McDonalds, Paneras, Starbucks, Bojangles Diner and more are located in the northwest part of town. The major grocery store in this part of Kalispell is Albertsons.
The above lists are not all-inclusive!
Do you want to check out a rodeo? If yes, the Majestic Valley Arena is the place to go. It’s located on Route 93 on the northern edge of Kalispell. The arena also holds circuses, a renaissance faire, and other shows.
Are you interested in the Northwest Montana Fair or craft shows, home shows, boat and RV shows, outdoors and gun shows? If yes, you’ll want to be close to the Flathead County Fairgrounds. They are located at North Meridian across from the main Kalispell post office.
In this area, you can find opticians, oral surgeons and Kalispell’s largest, but not only, US Post Office which is located on 350 North Meridian. You can also find plumbing and heating services, electric services and supplies, auto repair, senior care, the Flathead food bank and more.
There are several school districts located in this area. To find out what school a specific address is in, you can check with the Flathead County GIS tool, which is located here. But in general, the northwestern area is served by Kalispell School District #5 which includes the Russell, Edgerton and Peterson elementary schools and Glacier High School. The northwest Kalispell area is served by the West Valley school district #1 which also includes Glacier High School. And part of the area is served by Smith Valley School District #89 which provides access to Flathead High School for the older children.
Land and Home
As with all parts of Kalispell, the northwest area can provide land for homes within a development with HOAs and covenants, and land for homes with forest and views and little or no covenant requirements.
If you are interested in being in a development, some of your NW Kalispell options are:
- Aspen Creek – Aspen Creek includes two phases of development. Its located on the southeast part of this area of Kalispell. The first phase can be located on Shellan Way and Kara Drive. The second phase is on Theodore Street and Triple Creek. The development includes three homeowner parks and is covered by covenants.
- West View Estates – West View estates is a community of single family homes located in the north valley of Kalispell. Some homes have mountain views. The development is located to the west of Route 93 north and is accessible from either Old Reserve Drive or Stillwater Road. Homes are situated along Taelor Road, Ali Loop, Gucci Way and Owens Court. New homes are still being built in this development.
- Northland – This development is located between Three Mile Drive and Four Mile Drive, and between Route 93 and Alt-93. This community has been implemented in four phases. New homes are still being built.
- Harvest View – The Harvest View development includes 93 acres of open space. The development will include approximately 30 single family homes of 2,400 square feet or more. The area is in an agricultural community west of 93.
- Stillwater Estates – located on Route 93 on the way to Whitefish, these properties typically have approximately 2/3 an acre or more, and are ranch in terms of style. Many of the already built homes are large in size (4+ bedrooms, 3,000 square feet+). Land parcels are still available
Please note this list is not all inclusive. It also does not refer to all the larger rural acreage land and homes located further west of town. Please see below for current listings in this area.
On the western side of Kalispell, not only can you often see views of the Swan mountains and Mission Mountains in the east, but also the Salish and Cabinet Mountain ranges in the west.
Specific parcels of land can include views of both the east and west mountains.
There are also plenty of options for valley views. Those can be seen both from the hills west of town, and from the valley itself.
Selecting the right property includes knowing what you’d like to see from your front porch every morning!
For more information on this area of Kalispell, feel free to contact me (Kat) at 406-270-3667 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current land listings in NW Kalispell MT can be found below.