NE Kalispell Land and Area
While the city of Kalispell is a mere 12 square miles in size, the total area that is considered Kalispell (where homes would have a Kalispell mailing address) covers 303 square miles. Driving around the entire area would take 82 miles of driving. Needless to say, with 300+ square miles of land, there are many different options for where and how to live. And while it is not an official way to talk about the area, it makes sense to describe each geographical quadrant separately.
The first section to be discussed was the northwest section of Kalispell. The second section to be addressed is the northeast area. This stretches from the intersection of Route 2 and 93 east through Evergreen, north to Lake Blaine and past the airport. This part of town covers approximately 60 square miles.
So what’s the northeast part of Kalispell all about? Read below for more.
This area contains the eastern part of Kalispell’s retail area. Specifically, you will find major retail stores such as Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Sportsman & Ski Haus, the Dollar Tree and others.
In terms of food, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, HuHot Mongolian Grill, Firehouse Subs, QDOBA, Papa John’s Pizza, Taco Bell, Bonjour Bakery & Bistro and more are located in the northeast part of town. You won’t starve if you live in this area!
And please note the above lists are not all-inclusive.
The northeast part of Kalispell is where you’ll find Glacier Park International Airport, also referred to as simply Kalispell Airport. At the time of this writing, the airlines using this airport are Alaska Airlines, Delta, United and Allegiant. American Airlines, SunCountry and Jet Blue provide service on a seasonal basis as well. Four major rental car companies are located at the airport. Parking rates are a maximum of $9.00 per day and $54.00 per week. Doesn’t that information make you want to use the airport?
In terms of places to stay, you can find the Greenwood Village Inn & Suites, Greenwood Village RV Park, LaQuinta Inn, Rocky Mountain Hi Campground, Glacier Pines RV Park, Best Western Plus, Country Inn and Suites. AirBNB and VBRO also provide options.
There is no shortage of medical services in this area, since this is the location of the Kalispell Regional Medical Center, newly renamed as Logan Health. Along with the hospital, the area contains an allergy and asthma center, dermatology services, dentists, dialysis, radiation oncology, family medicine, digestive health services, ob/gyn and more.
The Northeast part of Kalispell is where you can find the Flathead Valley Community College. The two-year school offers programs in agriculture & natural resources, mathematics & science, business & technology, health care, arts, education, humanities & social sciences and occupational trades. In addition, the school provides adult education opportunities. (And as an aside, the vegetable gardening courses were useful!)
In terms of public education school districts, there are several located in this area. To find out what school a specific address is in, you can check with the Flathead County GIS tool, which is located here. But in general, the northeastern area is served by three school districts that include Glacier High School. Those are district #5 with Edergton Elementary School, #15 Helena Flats School District and #50 Evergreen School District. Two other districts include Flathead High School. Those are district #3 Fair-mont-egan, and #10, Cayuse Prairie.
Land and Home
As with all parts of Kalispell, the northeast area can provide land for homes within a development with HOAs and covenants, and land for homes with views and little or no covenant requirements.
- At the moment of this writing, there are several land parcels available in the Quail Ridge community (.6 acres with community water, natural gas, electricity, and views), the Wood Ridge area (1.4 acres, community water, partially wooded), and Sweetgrass Ranch (360º views, electricity, gas, community water, 2-3 acres each). There is also a one acre possibility with Lake Blaine frontage.
- For reference, some of the other developments on this side of town include East Valley Estates, which is located approximately 4 miles down Route 35 past the Route 2 and 35 interchange. The area has amazing views of the Swan Mountains. For more information on this community, click here.
- Another development is Glacier Commons, a development of 82 homes on Glacier Circle, Whitemark Lane and Wheat Grass Lane. For more information on this location, click here.
- Village Greens is also located in this part of town. Homes in this community are located at the Village Greens Golf Club property. Some of the homes are located on the edge of the Whitefish River and others are located by the greens and fairways. For more information, click here.
- Whitefish River Trails is a new development with approximately 20 sites of 1 to 1.4 acres located on Mannington and Robin streets.
- Regarding larger parcels of land that are not in developments, and for the most recent land listings in communities, see the link at the bottom of this post.
The eastern side of Kalispell has amazing views of the Swan mountains and Mission Mountains. In addition, properties also could have frontage on the Whitefish River, Flathead River, Stillwater River, and other creeks and streams. Most of this area is located in the valley, so long distance vistas are often an amenity.
Selecting the right property includes knowing what you’d like to see from your front porch every morning!
For more information on this area of Kalispell, feel free to contact me (Kat) at 406-270-3667 or via email at email@example.com.
Current land listings in NE Kalispell MT can be found below.